We are looking for a professional, reliable and motivated individual to join our technical department to support our commercial and construction departments with pre-construction design works and management of external design consultants.
Job Title: Technical Manager.
Reports to: Technical Director.
Accountable to: Technical Director
Purpose: To oversee, cordinate and manage the pre & construction phrase design works including external consultants such as architects, engineers, suppliers and any other professional designers required to successfully build a new home.
Scope: This is an office based role with frequent site visits required for cross department progress meeting. based on a construction site. There will be the necessity to traverse the site across and around excavations and rubble and work during inclement weather should the need arise. There will, at times, be the necessity to access scaffolding by means of a ladder and work on the scaffolding, or from the ladder.
Area of Work: Generally within 45 minutes of the Head Office address, therefore the successful candidate will hold a full UK driving license.
Works of Work: 8am until 5pm Monday to Friday, some Saturdays will be required from time to time and paid as over time.
Key Responsibilities: A labourer’s duties encompass many aspects during the building process - responsibilities include: -
1. Loading and unloading of material either into store or across the site. This will involve manual handling of heavy and/or awkward objects.
2. Adapting to a variety of tasks which could include protecting site materials, cleaning our properties, mixing mortar, site clearance, cleaning windows and other general duties as required in order to assist either Goldcrest Homes personnel or any of the various trades on site.
3. Comply with responsibilities as laid down in the companies Health, Safety & Environment Policy and as explained in Site Health and Safety rules/procedures. The successful candidate will need or will need to have a CSCS smartcard.
4. At all times comply with company policies, procedures and instructions.
5. Contribute to improving the business, protecting and enhancing the reputation of the company, by putting forward new ideas and, when requested to do so, implementing change.
Working Relationships: Effective working relationships are an essential part of daily working life. The focus in this role is both internal and external and includes:-
Internal: Site Managers, Assistant Site Managers other site-based Goldcrest Homes personnel
Qualifications: A trade background would advantageous or 2+ years onsite experience. Further training will be provided to the right candidate such as forklift and tele-handler training.
Salary / Rate of Pay: £8.25/hr based on a 40 hour week, unpaid lunch and tea breaks.